Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Yay Christmas!

Michael L.

Jewish ChristmasI actually love Christmas.

When I was a kid, in the burbs of Connecticut and New York, my older sister would every year ask my folks for a "Chanukah Bush" and every year my father would tell her "no."

Thank G-d for my old man, but to this day I still have an affection for Christmas.

I do not know how it is played out in other cultures, really, but within the United States it is basically a celebration of friendship and life.

Christmas is among my favorite holidays.

I love Passover.

I love Thanksgiving.

And, yes - shoot me dead ya bastards - I love Christmas.

I imagine that there must be one or two devout Christians who occasionally read Israel Thrives and to them I just want to wish a very Merry Christmas.

G-d bless our Christian friends.

{We certainly need them.}

6 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas to everyone who loves it! And remember:

    "If Joseph and Mary tried to reach Bethlehem today, they might get murdered by Palestinian terrorists...."

    http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/volokh-conspiracy/wp/2014/12/22/if-joseph-and-mary-tried-to-reach-bethlehem-today-they-might-get-murdered-by-palestinian-terrorists/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's actually a great line for me to use on JFP sites when they say J & M wouldn't get through the checkpoints.

      Delete
  2. There are definitely more than one or two Christians reading your blog.
    Thanks for the blessings.
    Herbert from Germany

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also love Christmas dear, even it is my favorite. This Christmas I am planning for a small party and looking for best local venues for events. Can you help me with my search for best venues please?

    ReplyDelete